Entering The UK Security Industry

  • SIA Door Supervisor Course
    To work in the UK as a Door Supervisor (sometimes referred to as a bouncer from times gone by), you need to obtain a licence from the Security Industry Authority (SIA). The SIA are the regulatory body for the UK Security Industry and it is they who lay down the rules on who should and
  • Bodyguard: The Reality – Part 2 of 2
    Following on from part 1 of this article I will now talk about what to expect once you have completed your Close Protection Training, and have received your Security Industry Authority (SIA) licence. This is a loose guide, as circumstances are always different, however it should give you an idea on what to expect. If you
  • Bodyguard: The Reality – Part 1 of 2
    To those outside the industry the term “bodyguard” often throws up some interesting images along the lines of rock star wages, gun fights and car chases while hanging around with beautiful Hollywood A-listers just waiting for that moment to pounce and save the day fighting off any attacker in a manner that Liam Neeson’s character from Taken would be
  • How To Become A Security Guard
    To work as a professional Security Guard in the UK you need to be licensed by the Security Industry Authority (SIA). Without this licence it is illegal to work in any capacity as a security officer/operative, apart from those wishing to work in house or directly employed by a client. It’s a simple enough process to
  • Close Protection: A Closer Observation Of The Protection Equation Book Review
    Close Protection, or Body-guarding as it is more commonly known, is a complex subject that throws up all sorts of Hollywood images to those outside the industry. It is often imagined that Bodyguards are big burly men with a lack of intelligence, running around with guns and driving fast cars, but the fact of the matter is

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *